Sunday, October 12, 2008

My amazing sister

So I just got home from Chicago where Matt and I went to watch my sister run the marathon. As I said in my earlier post she is an Elite runner which is a really big deal in the running world. I don't care what anyone has to say about it I always have been and always will be my sisters biggest fan. Since she was in sixth grade I've always known that she would reach her running aspirations. She's amazing and so determined and gifted. I love her so much and I'm so incredibly proud of her. Her family I will allow to come into a close second or even MAYBE as big of fans of hers as I am. ;) All morning on the train I was so nervous for her...Matt kept telling me to calm down and that she's going to do great....and she did.
She was in her 14th mile she was 18th overall, and on her goal pace...my last updated text me said she was on track for a 2.46 time (two hours and fourty six min) her goal this year was to be in the top twenty overall....you have to remember thousands upon thousands of people run in this marathon every year...thats a pretty heft goal and she was right on track for it. but in her 14th mile she started to have a hard time breathing her asthma was kicking in....and it became an issue of health and she had to make the hard decision to drop out. But that didn't matter...she knew she made the right decision for her body...and it doesn't change the fact that she is one of the fastest marathoners in the nation....(don't be modest annie). She got to the medic tent for an inhaler treatment and the medic told her that her heart rate was only in the seventies but her respitory was twice what it should be. he was shocked at what great shape she is in.
My sister is amazing....how many people can go out there and run 14 miles at a 6:21 mile pace...let alone 26 miles...Her determination, will, passion, love, and strength will never fail to amaze me.
After the race we went to lunch with my Sister, Casey, Cooper and Will, My brother and his friend, my parents, Me, Matt and my really good friend Melissa who recently moved to chicago it was a fun brunch I guess is a better word. My family got a chance to get to know Matt and he was so excited about it. He loved them all, and Melissa and I got to catch up and she got to catch up with my family...plus I just got to spend time with my family that I don't get to see enough. After lunch Melissa Matt and I walked around chicago went in a few stores and just hung out it was a great time. I'm totally exhausted now and just wanna sit and relax for awhile.....
peace

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow! Just reading about your sister running makes me tired. Geesh...

I love how proud you are of her and I'm glad you got to spend time with her and your family this weekend!

Love you!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 28 and I live in a tiny lake town that I love. I have the most amazing friends in the world and a fantastic family. I love my job and have made more money serving than any other more "respectable" job I've ever had.